Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hunter or Gatherer?


November is deer season in Minnesota, and I always try to get out at least one weekend. The previous week my father had been skunked, so I set out to my stand having no real expectations. Well, only after 1 and a half hours, this buck walked into view and landed on the dinner table. My dad may have been jealous at first, but he was vindicated after all the deer he shot. Also, my brother-in-law Josh was able to come and see the shack during hunting season and help drag the deer. I am not a violent person, but conservation is important and I am happy to do my part. The real trouble will be getting Alli to eat venison.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute post. I'm with Alli. Gimme chicken or shrimp instead. Good luck!

Kristina said...

I am all for hunting, but I third Alli on not wanting to eat it. Of course, the sticks and jerky are quite enjoyable. I really think dragging the deer would be the hardest part. They can't be too light.

Lara said...

Yay for Alli and her stand against all things venison. YUCK!!!! Glad you had a fun hunting season, next year Josh will be right there with ya!